Monday, September 12, 2016

Week 11: September 12, 2016

WARNING. EMERGENCY TRANSFER. THIS IS NOT A DRILL. EMERGENCY TRANSFER.

My trainer got a call from President Frandsen on Saturday morning and has been transferred out this morning to the San Ramon area. My new companion is Elder Elsbury and he will be here for the next 3 weeks to finish up my 12 week training. After that, I will have another new companion so I am leading this area. Pray that I don't get us lost. It's exciting and nerve wracking at the same time but Elder Lui has taught me well.

This past week, we were able to add 2 new investigators which is awesome! One of them is a boy named Isaiah who is friends with one of our current investigators and he "happened" to be there when we came by. He started out by asking us a lot of questions and then we began teaching him. He has a desire to be baptized which is super awesome!

We helped a member dig a trench to fix his sprinkler system this past week. Unfortunately, it was very close to the tree and so the roots were covering the pipe. It took almost 3 days to get it all completely fixed up. It was a lot of hard work but in the end, it was super satisfying to see that we got it done. In the spots that the pipe had cracked and leaked, the roots had grown strongest around and wrapped around it. This made it very difficult to break through all the roots to reach the pipe to dig it out and fix it. Likewise, the adversary goes for our weak points and converges on that. He knows how to really get at each and every one of us individually. If we let him grow and build around that, then his grasp on us will be tighter and tighter and when we go to dig out those "roots" it will be much harder. At least, that's what I got out of it. The member kept muttering to himself, "I know that Heavenly Father's trying to teach me something here, I know it."

This week has been awesome! The time is flying by! I can't wait to hear from all of you and to talk to all of you again next week! Thank you for your prayers and your influence and impact that you've had on my life. Love you all!

Elder Kaitoku


No comments:

Post a Comment