Saturday, December 17, 2016

Week 24: December 12, 2016

This week, we were able to go to the visitor center in Oakland. We parked at another elders' apartment and we all caught a ride together. It is truly an amazing spiritual experience for anyone; member, missionary, investigator, etc. The temple grounds were decorated beautifully with Christmas lights. It was overall a great experience (Not to mention we got to stop by Chik-fil-a on the way back) 

The next day, I realized I did not know where my bag was. For those of you who know me, you'd know I have a talent for losing things. I kept looking for it that day. I went back to the other elders'apartment. Suddenly, I flashbacked to the previous night. When we got back to the apartment, I chastised the others because their doors on their side of the car were slightly ajar. I thought they had left them open. Everything clicked as we pulled up and saw my belongings scattered in the rain. Someone had broken into the car and stolen my bag. Luckily, my scriptures were left behind along with my pocket hymn book. They were mostly undamaged. After drying them out, they were good as new(ish). Sadly, my camera was in there and was stolen. Thankfully, I've got my pictures on the Google drive. I'm thankful that it wasn't any worse. Just the day before, I had felt prompted to clear out my bag of most of its contents. 

The Lord has preserved a lot for me. Although I lost my camera, I know that is something that can be replaced. One thing that was stolen was a big pack of pass along cards. We made it a goal to pass them all out by the end of the week. After much prayer and effort, it got taken along with my bag. Hopefully they'll spark a change in someone's life. 

On the bright side, we were able to add a new investigator this week. She is the wife of our investigator of years and years. She's never been interested and generally ignored us when we were over. However, after feeling prompted to speak to her one day, she expressed her curiosity about our church and wanted to know more. After meeting with her, she vowed to read the entire Book of Mormon. What a blessing. 

I know the Lord has blessed us here. He is truly watching over us, especially times of tribulation such as this. I know He lives and loves us. Mele Kalikimaka to you all!




No comments:

Post a Comment