Monday, March 27, 2017

Week 37: March 13, 2017

This week, we have a baptism on Sunday! Sierra, our investigator getting baptized, has got to be the most converted person I have ever had the opportunity of teaching. She has been so dutifully studying the scriptures and this gospel. Some days, it seems we hardly do any teaching because she's already learned a lot of it in her own personal studies. She was introduced to the church when her co-worker, a member, invited her to church one week. She loved it and has been coming ever since. Her baptism is set for Sunday at 4pm. This weekend, we are getting a mini-missionary. From the youth program in Danville, Elder Reed will be joining my companion and I for the weekend. He will get the whole experience of the mission life! From waking up early, to knocking doors, to a baptism, he will get to experience quite a lot. Needless to say, it's going to be an exciting weekend. 

In other news, I was going through the newspaper for coupons when the spirit seemed to lead me to the Safeway pages. As I began flipping through, something suddenly jumped out and caught my eye. Hawaiian Brand Portuguese Sausages. No. Way. So that's the story of how I dragged my companion all the way to Safeway last P day to get some Portuguese sausages.

Last P day, we had a zone activity. Our zone is 100% completely comprised of Elders. The Bro-Zone. The Brone. We had a fun activity where we played ultimate disc and two hand touch football through the mud. It was nice and muddy and most of all mui macho. *spanish guitar rift*

The work has been going amazingly well. My companion and I have had a fun two transfers together, learning a lot from one another and working hard. We've been getting along very well. Transfer calls are this Saturday so we will see how that goes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment