Saturday, August 26, 2017

Week 57: August 1, 2017


This week was pretty great! We were able to visit a lot of people who we hadn't seen in a long time and make contact with a lot of ward families. Because we cover two wards, it can be difficult to get to know everyone in both wards. We put together an online spreadsheet of the ward directory so that we can access it and put in new information weekly to help us and to help future missionaries that may get transferred here. Often times in between transfers, there is a lot of information lost. Hopefully this will help. The technical side of missionary work is very unspoken of and yet still rewarding.

We have a new greenie in the district, Elder Scott, who is waiting for a VISA to go to Samoa. He knew Jay Reid, a friend from home in the MTC who is already in Samoa. We also got a visit from Carson Cobabe, my former companion who went home due to health issues. His brother is coming back from his mission and the family is meeting him here and so I got to go to lunch with them and get to know them.

We also had temple day today, hence the email on a Tuesday versus on a Monday this week. It was a wonderful experience as always and we had our own little district BBQ afterwards and ya boi made some kalbi ribs. Good stuff. 

Hope all y'all had a great week! I am thankful for your prayers and love and support. Shout-out to my Grandma Chong, who came through with socks in my package this week. I know for a fact that I am now an adult because I have never been so excited in my life to receive socks. Also, did I mention that I now have a camera?? Thanks to my wonderful parents again! Love you guys!

Until next week,


Elder Kaitoku

No comments:

Post a Comment