Monday, February 26, 2018

Week 86: February 26, 2018

Hey everyone!

My new companion, Elder Klunker is super awesome! He's been serving in the Tongan program his whole mission and this is his first English ward/area. We joked together that something more and more Poly happened each day and that by the end of the transfer, we'd both be speaking Tongan.  First, we had dinner with the Burr family. They aren't from Hawaii but they told me that they had a love for the Hawaiian music. They knew a lot of the classics. I was thoroughly surprised. They said that their daughter had an ukulele that we could use should we ever need one for, say, a musical number. More on that later.  We had a great lesson with the Pisimata family. We got to have dinner with them. They fed us tons of Samoan food and it was so ONO. It's been so long since I'd had kalo. They are doing well. We are set to have family home evenings with them on a weekly basis to help their whole family to come closer to Christ. In the middle of that dinner, we got a text from our bishop. He asked if I could do a quick musical number for a funeral the next morning. 

Remember that ukulele I mentioned earlier? We gave them a quick call and they said we could come by and pick it up. I sang "He Will Carry You" by the Mana'o Company. It was a lot of fun. Plus, I got to teach my comp some ukulele before we return it.  Other than that, it's been a fantastic week. We have a lot of potentials that we are working with and hoping that we can get them to church and progressing.
Hope you guys are all having a great week!
Until next week,
-Elder Kaitoku

No comments:

Post a Comment