Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Week 20: November 14, 2016

Aloha Family and Friends!

This past week, we had our first baptism! It was a very exciting experience and opportunity. Jayden is the one who got baptized. He is a 9 year old and he has a terrible fear of water. After much coaxing and prayer, we were able to help him overcome these fears and doubts leading up to his baptism. He is such a brave young man and a spiritual giant. He was confirmed this past Sunday as a member of the church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

We went on exchanges this week with our District Leader and his companion. I was working with the District Leader's trainee and companion, Elder Barr. While we were out, a few of the appointments fell through. We had a few hours that we needed to fill so we decided to say a prayer to ask Heavenly Father for guidance in where to go. I felt prompted to visit with one of our potential investigators, Erika. We had never been able to meet with her due to her busy work schedule. As we approached the house, I saw that the car was not there. We decided to knock anyways. We stood there for a few minutes. We were clearly there longer than we would have stayed at a door with no answer. We knocked and waited. We didn't say a word about leaving or "maybe she's not home" or "we'll try again later". We just waited. Suddenly, her car pulled in just then. We were able to have a great discussion with her and have met with her a few times after that. This experience has taught me the true blessing of prayer. I know that He answers prayers. As long as we are open to the spirit, we will receive our answer.

Everyday, I learn more and more about my Heavenly Father and His Son. I know They live. I know They love me and you. I can't believe how quickly the time is going here. Thank you for your love, support, and prayers (and emails). I truly appreciate it. Until next week!

-Elder Kaitoku



No comments:

Post a Comment