Saturday, December 17, 2016

Week 21: November 21, 2016




This week was a week of trials of faith. One of our baptisms got cancelled an hour before it was set to begin. While we were distraught, we recognized that it is all in the Lord's time and way. We will be able to continue to meet with this investigator. She is still very interested and wants to learn more but she and her parents brought up that they felt that she needed to know more and study more before committing. We will continue to look forward with faith and put our trust in the Lord. I know that one day, she will be baptized and come unto the fold, even if I am not here to see it. 

Additionally, last week Monday, we got a call from our Mission President that said that he would like us to cover two areas now. While this added a bit of stress, it has also taught us to plan more effectively and efficiently where we go and what we do. I think back to a service project we did with a member. We had to dig up and cut back roots that had overgrown his sprinkler system. It was heavy labor and very taxing. It took us nearly 3 days to complete it all. Just when we thought we fixed it all, we found another leak. What stood out to me was that through all of this frustration, this member kept saying, "I know Heavenly Father wants me to learn something from this, there's something to be learned here, He wants me to learn something." I've been thinking this also. 

I encourage you all to look towards your trials and tribulations with this attitude. Just as Proverbs 3:13 says, "Happy is the man that findeth wisdom, and the man that getteth understanding." I promise that as you seek for the lesson that your Heavenly Father is trying to teach you, you will be able to endure through these challenges and gain wisdom, understanding, and happiness. 

Additionally this week, we were able to attend a baptism in the Tongan ward. It reminded me so much of home. We sang a few songs while we waited. Afterwards, they took us all to a buffet and I got to eat SUSHI! I didn't realize how much I missed something as simple as sushi. Then we had a service project where we did crowd control at a Thanksgiving Parade in Brentwood. With all the bands and floats going by, it reminded me a lot of home and the parades that I was in. I have a few friends who are about to perform in the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade in NY! Good luck to them!

Overall, this week had its ups and downs but that's how they go. I've learned that much like a roller-coaster's random ups and downs and turns make the ride interesting and fun, so too do the random ups and downs and turns make life fun and interesting. I love this place, I love the people, I love all of you. Until next week!

-Elder Kaitoku
PS Happy Thanksgiving! 

No comments:

Post a Comment