Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Week 30: January 23, 2017

This past week, we were referred to a gentleman named Theodore. In the description, it said that he was a pastor for another church. Honestly, I was a little skeptical and nervous about stopping by. Often times, when we get a referral like that, we are lead to a bible bash meeting. This was definitely not the case with this man. When we got there, he told us that his sister was a member of the church and that she had taken him around the temple and visitor center. He recounted to us the incredible spirit that he had felt while there and that it had brought tears to his eyes. As he told us this story, he shared with us that ever since, he's been wanting to read the Book of Mormon. He said, "I would be the happiest man on this planet if I could just get a copy of that book!" Of course, we gave him one and shared our testimony of the Book of Mormon and its power. With tears in his eyes once more, he hugged us and thanked us profusely for us stopping by. This humbling experience has taught me the importance of being bold in sharing the gospel with EVERYONE regardless of who they are. This man, a pastor for another church, agreed to be baptized. It was such a touching and spiritual experience for me.
In other news, we FINALLY got our window fixed! (Safelite repaaairs Safelite replaaace!) No more driving around with a garbage bag taped to the outside. My companion can finally see out the back right window. I also got new scriptures to replace the ones that got stolen! Hopefully someone finds them and reads them and is touched by the spirit. 
I will attach pictures one of these weeks once I have a camera to do so with. Hopefully you won't have forgotten what I look like in that time. Until then, A Hui Hou and Malama Pono!-Elder Kaitoku

No comments:

Post a Comment