Monday, June 5, 2017

Week 44: May 1, 2017

So sorry about not emailing last week (I know how much you all look forward to reading my emails each and every week) This past week has been pretty hectic. We did a LOT of service these past two weeks. We've helped a member do her ceiling. We applied mud and sanded the ceiling while the high priests did the heavy machinery work. We also helped with the "Feeding Children Everywhere" project in which we were able to work towards feeding 300,000 hungry children in the area. 

We also got to meet a really sweet lady named Gayle. She has been looking to move and she's been praying about where. Suddenly, the thought of "Utah" came to mind. She grew up in Idaho and figured Utah was pretty similar and decided to move there. Then she thought to herself, "Utah = Mormon" So she decided to tell Siri, "Siri, call the Mormon Church". Siri dialed the Catholic church and so she tried again. The second time, it connected her with a missionary in Missouri who referred her to us. She has such a strong testimony already and actually testified of the truth of it to an atheist employee at a Motel 6. It was incredible to watch. She lives alone and didn't have anyone to celebrate her birthday with so we brought over a strawberry cheesecake with some other Elders. It was a really sweet time.


Transfer calls came and went. Elder Roberts and I are staying for another 6 weeks. I have really come to love and trust the ward members and come to love the people here. Each day, I learn something new and can feel myself changing and becoming more and more like the person that Heavenly Father wants me to be. I love this work and I love you all! Hopefully I'll get a camera soon so I can send some pictures. 

-Elder Kaitoku

No comments:

Post a Comment