Sunday, October 1, 2017

Week 65: September 25, 2017

Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh. Well, Elder Kaitoku can't seem to catch a break, ladies and gentlemen. Someone broke into his car. Again. 3rd times a charm. 3 different assigned areas. 3 separate car break-ins. One in each area. Awesome. The car was parked in our gated community. In a rather wealthy area. FORTUNATELY, I have apparently learned my lesson because this time, I had absolutely nothing in that car! Whoop. Nothing broken nothing lost. They DID take our gas card (each mission vehicle has a fleet account debit card to pay for gas) and the perpetrator tried to withdraw $600. No worries, it all got denied and the card's been deactivated. Other than that, they took my THIRD FAVORITE PEN. What a monster. My companion and I were ready to go Sherlock Holmes on this person but our vehicle account coordinator wouldn't give us the exact time or place the withdrawals were attempted so we couldn't go track him or her down and pull the video feed. 

Anyways, we went to a farmer's market this past week to street contact and talk to people walking along the trail. I was on exchanges with a missionary from Thailand, Elder Suriyachan. He LOVES spicy food. We were walking around the farmer's market when I saw them. Ghost Peppers. Now, I've seen a lot of youtube videos in my days and I know what those bad boys can do. My companion for the day was always complaining about food around here never being spicy enough. I convinced him to buy a few ghost peppers to eat at home for lunch. I excitedly got my camera ready only to be extremely disappointed. I wasn't the only one. The ghost pepper STILL WASN'T HOT ENOUGH FOR THIS GUY. Well, at least initially. He bit into it once, twice, thrice and shook his head in disapproval. I sadly put my camera down. Moments later, he broke into a sweat and started drinking from the gravy cup (we were eating lunch). But within moments, he was fine. What a champ.
The work is going great! I had to go to a meeting with the Stake Missionary Council which was intimidating but fun nonetheless. We've got a lot going on in this Stake as a whole and things are really looking up! It has been a great week and we are looking forward to another great week here in jolly ole Danville.
-Elder Kaitoku

No comments:

Post a Comment