Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Week 73: November 20, 2017

Happy Early Thanksgiving Everybody!

Now with that being said, this week has been really great. Unfortunately, Elder Selli fell pretty deftly ill for a few days (he has a blood condition) and we weren't able to go out and do much. Luckily, the ward has been super supportive and loving, both wards. I am so thankful for all of the members who checked in on us and got us things that we needed to help him feel better and to get us food. Especially the food. I am thankful for food.
Earlier in the week, we did service at the farm that we go to weekly and whaddya know, we got to castrate those 16 piglets. Now, I don't know about those of you who have served missions, but this is precisely what I had in mind as I was filling out my mission papers. I just knew in my heart that this is exactly what missionary work is all about. If you haven't castrated a piglet on your mission, have you really truly even served a full time mission? Yeah, think about that for a bit. Anyways, that is an experience I will NOT be forgetting anytime soon. No matter how hard I try. 
...I can still hear their squeals...
Other than that, there are a lot of fun, interesting, and exciting events coming up at the Visitor Center. The Visitor Center is such a great resource in missionary work and I am so glad that we have one in our mission. It's great to take members and nonmembers alike to the fun events there, especially with the Thanksgiving and Christmas season coming up.
With that being said, I am super thankful for all of you and your prayers and support. I am thankful for this opportunity to be on my mission and to serve the people here. 

Love ya and talk to ya later!
-Elder Kaitoku

No comments:

Post a Comment