Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Week 74: November 27, 2017



What an amazing week!

So transfer calls came around and as it turns out, I will be staying for a 5th transfer here in Danville! Wow! That is the longest I've been in an area. I am looking forward to spending the holiday season here with these people! Love this area. Elder Selli is going home this transfer, back to Virginia. He will be missed. In his stead, I am getting Elder Ward. I don't know much about him other than the fact that he is just coming out of his first 12 weeks or so. 

Our new mission policy is that from 4-6pm every Tuesday-Saturday, we will all be tracting. I must admit that at first, I wasn't all too thrilled about this. Our area has been pretty infamous when it comes to tracting. A few years ago, a stake president told missionaries not to and it became an actual rule. We would still tract but spent a lot of that time of 4-6 visiting with less actives, part member families, and investigators. However, our first night instituting this initiative, we were able to successfully make contact with a gentleman that we have been trying to make contact with for months. Additionally, we tracted into a guy who was like, "Oh hey Elders! Yeah we'd love to have you come by, my wife's best friend is a Mormon but we're about to go Black Friday shopping! Come by again!" Let me tell you, this has not happened before while I've been tracting here these past 6 months. I am loving this new initiative.

Other than that, Thanksgiving was pretty great. We played football. Ya boi intercepted the ball 3 times, had 3 receiving TDs, 1 passing TD, and hahaha jk jk. It was fun tho. We also got to play board games/card games as a zone that night. 

That's all for this week! What will Elder Ward be like? When will the Elberts be baptized?? How soon before Elder Selli gets married back home??? Find out next week on Dragonball Z hahaha 

-Elder Kaitoku




No comments:

Post a Comment