Sunday, February 4, 2018

Week 80: January 8, 2018

Well, we received our transfer calls and *drumroll* Elder Kaitoku will be transferred to the Walnut Creek zone. I will be serving in the North Gate 1st and 2nd wards. I am looking forward to getting to know these people and serving them. My companion will be Elder Vindich. 

I've truly grown to love the Danville community and am sad that I will be leaving but I know that I will cross paths with these people again sometime in the near future (hopefully). As for the events of this past week:
We had a meeting at the chapel as a district. Normally, we park through the lines so that we don't have to reverse. For those of you who don't know, the driver's companion has to get out and instruct the reversing of the cars. So instead we simply pull through and park perpendicular to the lines. On this occasion, my comp and I decided we had some time so I reversed him into the stall so we could just drive out. Well, some other elders decided to park directly in front of us so that we would be blocked. During the meeting, one of the other elders peeked out the window and exclaimed, "There's a police car outside!" The other missionaries (who parked in front of us) ran outside while my companion and I walked calmly. After some explanation, we realized that the officer was a member and thought it was funny. But the whole experience reminded me of a scripture I had studied just that morning: Proverbs 28:1 "The wicked flee when no man pursueth: but the righteous are bold as a lion."
We also experienced an earthquake this past week! At approximately 2:39am, we felt a 4.4 or 4.5 magnitude earthquake. It woke up me and my companion. My companion said that he thought I had gone over and just started shaking his bed for no reason and was really confused. Yeah, like I'm going to wake up at 2:39am to crawl over and start shaking your bed...on a Thursday?? Naw that's more of a Tuesday thing.
Anyways, our district is having our farewell lunch soon so I'd better get going! Hope to hear from you all and hope you all have a great year!

-Elder Kaitoku

No comments:

Post a Comment