Monday, April 9, 2018

Week 92: April 9, 2018



Hello Everybody,

We had transfers this past week and my new companion is Elder Tackett! We served in the same district when we were in Richmond so it was great to reunite with him and finally be companions. He was called Spanish speaking and so the range of people that we are able to talk to now has greatly broadened. Like my last companion, Elder Klunker, this is the first time Elder Tackett has been in the English program. We'll see how he likes it.

We were finally able to make contact with our investigator, Patricia. She wanted to get baptized and has a very firm belief in the church. Due to health circumstances, it is difficult for her to get to church. Happily, she watches devotionals and other things at home to still be spiritually edified. 

Although I wasn't able to watch it, I definitely heard a lot about Merrie Monarch this past weekend from one of the families that we are meeting with regularly. The entire family is very involved in Polynesian dances and so the mom told us all about Merrie Monarch.

On another note, we got food poisoning this past weekend. We might have gotten some chicken that was a bit on the "medium rare" side. Personally, I like my chicken "well done". My companion and I spent all Saturday night awake and puking our guts out. Whoo. Fortunately, we are feeling a lot better today.

I hope that all of you have had a great week as well! Love you all!
-Elder Kaitoku

PS here's a few pictures from the hike last week!




No comments:

Post a Comment